Peony Portrait

Peony
Photobucket

Rose. Harder to photograph.

Photobucket

Rose and Peony

Photobucket

Peony

Photobucket

I wanted a peony photo. Cut-stem peonies were for sale at Trader Joe's--five stems for $6--or was it $7? So, I got my photo. They are much easier to photograph than roses, or rather easier at any rate than Rosa 'Yves Piaget', which has petals that maddeningly reflect the light and ruin the photo just about every time. Perhaps a UV filter would help. 'Yves Piaget' flowers are rather peony-like, but not quite. They have a sweet citrus fragrance. The peonies had a fragrance like fresh cake batter, with a touch of nutmeg. Though I can't grow them, I will revel in them anyway. They are spectacular. I am enthralled.

Photobucket


Sorry about all that pink!

Comments

  1. Do we shop at the same Trader Joe's? My local one had a big rack of them, and I stopped to admire them. The native California peony is interesting, but not lush and voluptuous like these. Have you tried a polarizing filter with the rose? It'd do wonders to cut down unwanted reflections and can subtly shift the color of the image as it, for instance, excludes blue light from the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost, good suggestion, I will try a polarizing filter and see what I can see.

    I think all the TJ's get the same stuff. Yesterday there were dark burgundy Peonies as well as the pink ones, and I nearly succumbed again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.