And Mulch, Mulch, More!

Does the pile look any smaller?
Photobucket

It wouldn't take so long to mulch the garden if I did not stop and do other things along the way.  I pulled out this somewhat large rose, 'Climbing Shot Silk'.  I might have a spot for it in the back, then again, I might not.  I don't know yet.  The shovel gives you an idea of how big it was.  I had cut it back by about two thirds in preparation for the move (or remove). 
Photobucket

Then I dug out the little Clematis that had gotten overwhelmed behind the rose.
Photobucket


And gave up on the limbed-up Camellia sasanqua that didn't survive a transplant.  It was fine for several weeks after the move, but then we  got two 90F (32 C) days in a row which killed it off.  It might have come back, maybe...but I decided it was hopeless.
Photobucket


Now I had an empty spot...
Photobucket


...for the new 'Cara Cara' Orange tree.  It is on true dwarf rootstock and should stay under 10 feet (3 meters) tall.
Photobucket


I planted the orange tree, then I put the Clematis in a better spot where it would get more sun, and finally I could go back to mulching.  The only beauty shot of the day was this beautiful new basal break on 'Black Bacarra'.  Well, if you are a rose grower, it's a beauty shot.  A normal person probably wouldn't even notice, or just wonder why it wasn't green.  
Photobucket


Does the pile look any smaller?  
Photobucket
Didn't think so. 

Comments

  1. Sadly no. Those piles of mulch are a bit like loaves and fishes. It doesn't matter how much you shovel, the original pile always seems to be just as big. My last delivery lasted months on the front lawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are far too many things to do in a garden to concentrate on just one of them. Your new orange is looking good and raising my envy quotient.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always interested in your thoughts.

Any comments containing a link to a commercial site with the intent to promote that site will be deleted. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.